Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO)
FTA administers a national transit safety program and program compliance oversight process to advance safe, reliable, and equitable transit service throughout the U.S. FTA’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO) helps make transit safer through policy development, hazard investigation, data collection, risk analysis, oversight programs and information sharing.
- Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- FTA COVID-19 Recovery Listening Sessions
- FTA COVID-19 Recovery Discussion Forum
- Frequently Asked Questions from FTA Grantees Regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- FTA COVID-19 Resource Tool
- USDOT Guidance on Compliance with DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations (3-23-2020)
- USDOT COVID-19 Drug & Alcohol Testing Statement of Enforcement Discretion for Substance Abuse Professionals and Service Agents (4-4-2020)
- View the presentations from FTA's 2020 Joint State Safety Oversight (SSO) and Rail Transit Agency (RTA) Virtual Workshop.
- FTA has issued a Notice of Enforcement Discretion effectively extending the PTASP compliance deadline from July 20, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
- In February 2020, FTA Acting Administrator K. Jane Williams sent a letter to transit agency leaders to build awareness in the fight against human trafficking and increase support of the “100 Pledges in 100 Days” campaign.
- The November 2020 issue of the Transit Safety and Oversight Spotlight newsletter is now available.
- Learn more about our Organization Structure
- Learn more about our Office Leadership
- Learn more about our Program Offices:
- Learn more about FTA's WMATA Safety Oversight
- Learn more about TSO through the TSO Spotlight Newsletter