FTA administers a national transit safety program and program compliance oversight process to advance safe, reliable, and equitable transit service throughout the U.S. FTA’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO) helps make transit safer through policy development, hazard investigation, data collection, risk analysis, oversight programs and information sharing.
- On July 19, 2019, FTA published a Dear Colleague letter to alert the transit industry of an important, upcoming safety deadline. July 19, 2019 marks one year from the compliance deadline for the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) regulation.
- The August 2019 Issue of the Transit Safety and Oversight Spotlight newsletter is now available.
- On March 29, 2019, FTA launched a new Human Trafficking Awareness and Public Safety Initiative.
- Learn more about our Organization Structure
- Learn more about our Office Leadership
- Learn more about our Program Offices:
- Learn more about FTA's WMATA Safety Oversight
- Learn more about TSO through the TSO Spotlight Newsletter