FTA administers a national transit safety program and program compliance oversight process to advance safe, reliable, and equitable transit service throughout the U.S. FTA’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO) helps make transit safer through policy development, hazard investigation, data collection, risk analysis, oversight programs and information sharing.
- FTA has launched the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to support transit agencies and states in meeting PTASP requirements by the July 20, 2020 compliance deadline. The goal of the TAC is to provide technical assistance on the development and implementation of Agency Safety Plans (ASP).
- The December 2019 issue of the Transit Safety and Oversight Spotlight newsletter is now available.
- On July 19, 2019, FTA published a Dear Colleague letter to alert the transit industry of an important, upcoming safety deadline. July 19, 2019 marks one year from the compliance deadline for the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) regulation.
- On March 29, 2019, FTA launched a new Human Trafficking Awareness and Public Safety Initiative.
PTASP Applicability Webinar
Tuesday, January 21 at 2:00 PM ET
Registration is required to join the webinar.
Upcoming PTASP Workshops
|Tuesday, January 28, 2020||Washington, D.C.||Website|
|Wednesday, January 29, 2020||Washington, D.C.||Website|
- Learn more about our Organization Structure
- Learn more about our Office Leadership
- Learn more about our Program Offices:
- Learn more about FTA's WMATA Safety Oversight
- Learn more about TSO through the TSO Spotlight Newsletter