Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO)
FTA administers a national transit safety program and program compliance oversight process to advance safe, reliable, and equitable transit service throughout the U.S. FTA’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO) helps make transit safer through policy development, hazard investigation, data collection, risk analysis, oversight programs and information sharing.
- The July 2021 issue of the Transit Safety and Oversight Spotlight Newsletter is now available.
- Register for the Request for Information on Transit Safety Concerns Webinar on Monday, July 26, 2021 from 1:00 PM-1:30 PM ET.
- FTA announced a Request for Information to receive input from the public on data and information available to inform FTA’s identification of high-priority safety concerns relevant to the transit industry.
- FTA announced the Enhanced Transit Safety and Crime Prevention Initiative.
- TSO announced Gail Lyssy as the Acting Associate Administrator for Transit Safety and Oversight and Chief Safety Officer.
- On May 10, 2021, FTA issued letters to State Department of Transportation Secretaries and transit agency CEOs to remind them of the requirements of the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) regulation.
- FTA Supplemental Oversight Dear Colleague Letter
- Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Learn more about our Organization Structure
- Learn more about our Office Leadership
- Learn more about our Program Offices:
- Learn more about FTA's WMATA Safety Oversight
- Learn more about TSO through the TSO Spotlight Newsletter