FTA administers a national transit safety program and program compliance oversight process to advance safe, reliable, and equitable transit service throughout the U.S. FTA’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO) helps make transit safer through policy development, hazard investigation, data collection, risk analysis, oversight programs and information sharing.
Dr. Thomas Littleton, FTA’s Associate Administrator for Transit Safety and Oversight, explains the importance of states with rail transit systems meeting the April 15, 2019 deadline for obtaining FTA certification of their State Safety Oversight programs.
December 2017 Newsletter
- Learn more about our Organization Structure
- Learn more about our Office Leadership
- Learn more about our Program Offices:
- Learn more about FTA's WMATA Safety Oversight
- Learn more about TSO through the TSO Spotlight Newsletter