The Office of Transit Safety and Oversight administers a national transit safety program and program compliance oversight process to advance the provision of safe, reliable, and equitable transit service through adherence with legislative, policy and regulatory requirements as established by FTA.
To be recognized as the FTA and industry leader in safety promotion, information sharing and fair oversight.
To make transit safer through policy development, hazard investigation, data collection, risk analysis, effective oversight programs and information sharing.
Provide an unbiased source of integrated information to promote transit safety and effective grant management.
- Learn more about our Organization Structure
- Learn more about our Office Leadership
- Learn more about our Program Offices: Office of System Safety, Office of Safety Review, and Office of Program Oversight
- Learn more about FTA's WMATA Safety Oversight
- Learn more about TSO through the TSO Spotlight Newsletter