FTA provides grants to local public transit systems, including buses, subways, light rail, commuter rail, trolleys and ferries. Since 1964, FTA has partnered with state and local governments to create and enhance public transportation systems, investing more than $13 billion annually to support and expand public transit services. FTA provides annual formula grants to transit agencies nationwide as well as discretionary funding in competitive processes.
- See a table of current FTA grant opportunities
- Funding Opportunities for Tribal Entities
- Capital Investment Grants (CIG) program
- Federal / Local Funding Share
- Transit Award Management System (TrAMS)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- FTA-Sponsored Technical Assistance Centers