FTA provides grants to local public transit systems, including buses, subways, light rail, commuter rail, trolleys and ferries. Since 1964, FTA has partnered with state and local governments to create and enhance public transportation systems, investing more than $13 billion annually to support and expand public transit services. FTA provides annual formula grants to transit agencies nationwide as well as discretionary funding in competitive processes.
Current Grant Opportunities
View our table listing all FTA grant opportunities, sortable by grant type.
Other FTA Grant Programs and Information
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Funding Opportunities for Tribal Governments
- Capital Investment Grants (CIG) program
- Federal / Local Funding Share
- Transit Award Management System (TrAMS)
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- FTA-Sponsored Technical Assistance Centers
- Federal Programs that Support Public Transportation
- Transit Programs Increase Access to Voting
- Funding Opportunities at the U.S. Department of Transportation