FTA provides grants to local public transit systems, including buses, subways, light rail, commuter rail, trolleys and ferries. Since 1964, FTA has partnered with state and local governments to create and enhance public transportation systems, investing more than $13 billion annually to support and expand public transit services. FTA provides annual formula grants to transit agencies nationwide as well as discretionary funding in competitive processes.
- Federal / Local Funding Share
- See a table of current FTA grant opportunities
- FTA's Transit Award Management System (TrAMS)
- Funding Opportunities for Tribal Entities
- Learn more about FTA's Capital Investment Grants (CIG) program
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- FTA-Sponsored Technical Assistance Centers