The Federal Transit Administration provides a number of resources for recipients to assist with third-party procurements for projects receiving FTA funds, including:
- Section 7613 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 FAQs
- Circular 4220.1F, Third Party Procurement
- Procedures, methods, and examples of procurement practices in the Best Practices Procurement Manual
- An extensive set of Third Party Procurement FAQs to provide a means for its customers to get answers to their procurement questions online
Other Procurement Resources
- Guidance in Response to Cost and Payment Questions. In 2022 and 2023, several transit stakeholders have asked FTA to clarify a grant recipient’s ability to modify the prices of existing federally assisted contracts or to structure their federally assisted contracts using advance or progress payments.
- The Equitable Economic Recovery and Workforce Development Through Construction Hiring Pilot Program permits grant recipients to include geographic, economic, or other hiring preferences in contract specifications for construction projects.
- Joint Procurement Clearinghouse. To establish a mechanism to allow grantees to work together to purchase rolling stock, FTA has created an online tool for joint procurement.
- Letter from U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx - U.S. Employment Plan
- Online Tools & Resources
- For Contractors