- See FTA's video, Linking People to Opportunity: FTA’s Role in Creating Complete Communities
- The Private Investment Project Procedures (PIPP) for public transportation capital projects Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) will help the federal government develop more effective approaches to spurring private participation and investment in project planning, development, finance, design, construction, maintenance, and operations. Grantees would be allowed to identify FTA regulations, practices, procedures or guidance that may impede use of a public-private partnership (P3) or private investment in that project. The FTA Administrator would have discretion to grant a modification or waiver of a requirement if certain criteria are met.
- Private Sector Participation
- Joint Development
- Guidance for Transit Financial Plans
- Capital Leasing
- Debt Service Reserve Financing
- Revenue Bonds
- State Infrastructure Banks
- Transit Oriented Development
Each year, Congress passes legislation which, when signed by the President, appropriates funds for the Department of Transportation and related agencies. After that legislation is enacted, FTA publishes an apportionments notice that provides an overview of the apportionments and allocations for FTA programs as well as statements of policy and guidance on public transit administration. See the Fiscal Year 2016 Apportionment Tables.