Funding & Finance Resources
- Recent changes in law now allow transit agencies to repurpose qualified properties for transit-oriented development and affordable housing projects. Learn more in the Notice of Proposed Asset Disposition Guidance and Request for Comments and FTA’s interim guidance.
- FTA announced new guidance that increases flexibility for transit agencies to pursue joint development projects.
- See FTA's video, Linking People to Opportunity: FTA’s Role in Creating Complete Communities
- Value Capture
- Joint Development
- Private Sector Participation
- Transit Oriented Development
- Financing Tools:
Each year, Congress passes legislation which, when signed by the President, appropriates funds for the Department of Transportation and related agencies. After that legislation is enacted, FTA publishes an apportionments notice that provides an overview of the apportionments and allocations for FTA programs as well as statements of policy and guidance on public transit administration. See the Current Apportionments.