Learn more about the annual Capital Investment Grant Program (New Starts/Small Starts) funding recommendations.
Federal-aid Project Obligations and Expenditures
President’s Budget Request to Congress
DOT Budget Highlights Fiscal Year 2014
- DOT Budget Highlights FY 2014
- FTA Budget Highlights FY 2014 (PDF)
- FTA Budget Justification FY 2014 (PDF)
- FTA FY 2014 Budget and Capital Investment Webcast – Watch Now
DOT Budget Highlights Fiscal Year 2013
- DOT Budget Highlights FY 2013 (PDF)
- FTA Budget Highlights FY 2013 (PDF)
- FTA Budget Justification FY 2013 (PDF)
DOT Budget Highlights Fiscal Year 2012
Budget Highlights Archive
For prior years, visit the Budget & Performance Archive page. Also visit the FTA Budgets page.
Possible Highway Trust Fund Shortfall Cash Management Procedures
Should a situation occur where FTA cannot fully reimburse States and/or transit agencies, the agency may take some or all of the following actions:
- Move from daily to weekly reimbursements
- Align reimbursements with Trust Fund deposits (twice monthly)
- Make proportional payments to States and/or transit agencies based on available Trust Fund cash
These are some of the possible actions FTA might take in the event of a cash shortfall. The specific actions would depend on the exact nature of the shortfall.
Highway Trust Fund – Status of the Highway Trust Fund