The Transit Award Management System (TrAMS)
GSA was notified of a fraudulent website that uses the look and feel of the real System for Award Management (SAM) landing page and sign-in page. This is not a legitimate website, so please do not enter any information on this website. Only use the https://www.sam.gov to access SAM. GSA is investigating this as a security risk. We will provide any additional information as it becomes available from GSA.
Welcome to the Transit Award Management System (TrAMS), FTA’s platform to award and manage federal grants. TrAMS was created to provide greater efficiency and improved transparency and accountability. FTA deployed TrAMS in February 2016 to provide an efficient, user-friendly, and flexible tool to award and manage grants and cooperative agreements and to strengthen the integrity and consistency of our award and management financial and programmatic information. TrAMS replaced the Transit Electronic Award Management (TEAM) system which had been in operation since 1998.
Operating Status: Open. FTA opened TrAMS for FY 2020 on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Have a TrAMS account? Log in
Recent TrAMS News
At Noon EST Wednesday, November 4, 2020, TrAMS re-opened with all financial and non-financial functions available to TrAMS users. Please reach out to the TrAMS Help Desk with any questions.
FY 2020 funds identified in the following tables FY 2020 Apportionments have been loaded into TrAMS and are available for award and obligation of grants.
User Manager Recipient Organization User Recertification
All Recipient Organizations must recertify TrAMS users to access TrAMS and to maintain their existing user roles. The recertification period will begin on December 1, 2019, and be open through January 31, 2020. FTA Hosted two training sessions on November 14th and 19th for User Managers; a copy of the presentation and recording is available on the training page.
Certifications & Assurances
- FY 2020 Annual List of Certifications & Assurances
- Certifications & Assurances How To Documents and Recorded TrAMS How To Demonstrations
FTA continues to refine TrAMS to improve efficiency and ease of use. Here are a few of some recent changes:
- An update (June 2018) to TrAMS now displays the custom ALI names on screen and in the various view print documents. For more information see the Custom ALI Tip Sheet.
- Updating recipient contacts (May 2018). TrAMS users with the user manager role now have the ability to add, edit, and update their organizational contacts. For more information, see our tip sheet.
- Application deletion (March 2018). TrAMS users with the developer and submitter role now have the ability to delete applications that are in progress. For more information, see our tip sheet.
- Password Reset Restriction (January 2018). New security requirements now restrict user password reset requests to once within a 24-hour period. If you attempt a second password reset before the end of the 24-hour period, TrAMS will send a system generated email that you have not complied with the 24-hour requirement. The email will direct you to the TrAMS helpdesk for assistance. For more information about user roles, management and security requirements see the FACES User Guide.
- Required PIN Resets (December 2017)