Welcome to the Transit Award Management System (TrAMS), FTA’s platform to award and manage federal grants. TrAMS was created to provide greater efficiency and improved transparency and accountability. FTA deployed TrAMS in February 2016 to provide an efficient, user-friendly, and flexible tool to award and manage grants and cooperative agreements and to strengthen the integrity and consistency of our award and management financial and programmatic information. TrAMS replaced the Transit Electronic Award Management (TEAM) system which had been in operation since 1998.
Operating Status: Open. FTA opened TrAMS for FY 2020 on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Have a TrAMS account? Log in
Recent TrAMS News
User Manager Recipient Organization User Recertification Training
All Recipient Organizations must recertify TrAMS users to access TrAMS and to maintain their existing user roles. The recertification period will begin on December 1, 2019, and be open through January 31, 2020. FTA will host two sessions in November in advance of the recertification period to explain the process. All User Managers are encouraged to attend. To participate in the webinar, please register for one of the sessions below.
November 14th from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM EST
Registration : https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/epdvddlzyt6o/event/registration.html
November 19th from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST
Registration is on a first come first served basis. Each session has a capacity of 500 participants. Both sessions will provide captioning services. The presentation and one recorded session will be posted to the FTA TrAMS Guidance page on conclusion of the second training session. Questions about this training opportunity may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certifications & Assurances
- FY 2019 Annual List of Certifications & Assurances
- Certifications & Assurances How To Documents and Recorded TrAMS How To Demonstrations
FTA continues to refine TrAMS to improve efficiency and ease of use. Here are a few of some recent changes:
- An update (June 2018) to TrAMS now displays the custom ALI names on screen and in the various view print documents. For more information see the Custom ALI Tip Sheet.
- Updating recipient contacts (May 2018). TrAMS users with the user manager role now have the ability to add, edit, and update their organizational contacts. For more information, see our tip sheet.
- Application deletion (March 2018). TrAMS users with the developer and submitter role now have the ability to delete applications that are in progress. For more information, see our tip sheet.
- Password Reset Restriction (January 2018). New security requirements now restrict user password reset requests to once within a 24-hour period. If you attempt a second password reset before the end of the 24-hour period, TrAMS will send a system generated email that you have not complied with the 24-hour requirement. The email will direct you to the TrAMS helpdesk for assistance. For more information about user roles, management and security requirements see the FACES User Guide.
- Required PIN Resets (December 2017)