Transit Stakeholder Engagement
FTA is soliciting input from diverse stakeholder groups to inform our programs and initiatives and improve our communications and technical assistance. This initiative will help FTA better address industry needs while achieving the agency’s goals and priorities.
Enhanced engagement will be framed around:
- Increasing transit ridership
- Workforce recruitment, development, and retention
- Improving safety, with a focus on combating crime, hate, and harassment
- Fighting climate change through supporting the zero emission transition
- Securing the economic future of the transit industry (addressing the “fiscal cliff”)
- Procurement and rising cost challenges
FTA is engaging with diverse stakeholders to identify potential actions to address the most pressing challenges facing the transit industry.