SMS Awareness Course
FTA’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) Awareness Course is available on the Transportation Safety Institute’s (TSI) Learning Management System (LMS).
The SMS Awareness course can be accessed by following the steps below.
1. Go to the TSI LMS located at www.tsi.dot.gov.
2. Click on ‘Course Catalog’
3. Log into the TSI LMS
4. Click ‘Search Catalog’
5. Type SMS Awareness into the search box
6. Select ‘SMS Awareness’ when it appears on the screen
7. Click the ‘Request’ button
8. Click ‘Launch’ and the course will load in a separate tab or window.
The course will load in a separate tab or window. Pop-up blockers will need to be turned off in order for the course to load and play. Individuals using Internet Explorer (IE) will need IE10 or later for the course to work properly.