Welcome Address and Offical Ceremony
- Welcome Address by Secretary General East Africa Community, Juma Mwapuchu
- Welcome Address by U.S. Embassy, Emily Shaffer, Economic and Commercial Officer. Presentation.
- Keynote Address, Minister of Infrastructure and Development, Honorable Eng. Abdulrazaq A. Ali, Permanent Secretary , Transport Ministry of Kenya
- Introduction of U.S. Delegation
Session #1 - Releiving Urban Congestion - Moderator: Permanent Secretary, Republic of Kenya, Eng. Abdulrezaq A. Ali
- Urban Congestion in African Cities - Godfrey Wandera, Commissioner of Transport Planning, Ministry of Works and Transport. Presentation
- Transportation Planning and Design in Practice - Dr. Adiele Nwankwo, Senior Vice President, Parsons Brinckerhoff. Presentation.
- Example of a Successful Project in East Africa, Developing the Dar Bus Rapid Transit System - Eng. Enoch Kitandu, Dar-es-Salaam Bus Rapid Transit System. Presentation.
- Example of Successful Project in the U.S. - Urban Transportation Development in Houston, Texas - Shirley DeLibero, President DeLibero Transporation Strategies. Presentation.
Session #2 - Transportation for Vulnerable Populations and Road and Passenger Safety - Moderator: Permanent Secretary, Republic of Rwanda, Marie Claire Mukasine
- The Need for Transportation Services for Vulnerable Populations in Africa - Kaganzi Rutachwamgyo, Disability Leader. Presentation.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Transportation in the United States - Roscoe Brown, Director of Coordinated Transporation Programs, Indianapolis Public Transportation Group. Presentation.
- Planning and Design to Support Safe Transport including Provisions for Non-Motorized Transport, the African Experience - Paul Kwamusi, Road Safety Coordinator, Kampala, Uganda. Presentation.
- U.S. Approach to Roadway Traffic Safety - Ron Boenau, U.S. Dept. of Transportation Federal Transit Administration. Presentation.
Session #3 - Developing Regional Transport Corridors and Inter-modality of Seaports, Railroad and Roadway - Moderator: Director for Transport, Uganda, James Grace Itazi
- A Value Chain Approach to Enhancing Transit Competitiveness - Shemmy Simuyemba, USAID/COMPETE, Kenya. Presentation.
- Increasing Port Capacity in Africa - Jerome Ntibarekerwa, Execitive Secretary, Port Management Association for Eastern and Southern Africa. Presentation.
- Increasing Port Capacity, U.S. Perspectives - Michael Gordon, U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Maritime Administration. Presentation.
- Regional Approach to Rail Development - Kingston Mkandawire, Former CEO MD/CEO of Tazara. Presentation.
- Rail Issues in Trans-shipment - SMAK Kaombwe, Central Development Corridor, Kigali. Presentation.
Session #4 - Partnership Opportunities and Impact on Development - Moderator: Permanent Secretary, Posts and Telecommunications, Burundi, Pierre Bayihishako
- Project Financing Alternatives in Africa - Joseph O. Haule, Manager Road Fund Board, Tanzania. Presentation.
- Case Examples of Public - Private Partnerships in the U.S. - Dwayne Sampson, Superintendent of Maintenance Operations, Metropolitan Transportation Authority, New York City Transit Authority. Presentation.
- Public Private Parnerships in Africa - Joel Kolker, Niarobi Office, PPIAF. Presentation.
- The Importance of Public Participation and Outreach in Project Development - Gary Flunoy, Valley Metro Rail, Phoenix, AZ. Presentation.
- Other Approaches to Private Sector Involvement - Jason Nagy, U.S. Trade and Development Agency. Presentation.
Session #5 - Role of Technology Transfer Centers - Moderator: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport, Tanzania
- Technology Transfer Centres in Africa - Hagai Bishanga, Technology Transfer Centre, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. Presentation.
- Transportation Technology Exchange in the U.S. and Globally - Kay Nordstrom, U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration. Presentation.
- U.S. National Transit Institute - Ron Boenau, U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration. Presentation.
Conference Wrap-up and Closing Ceremony
- Philip Wambugu, Director of Infrastructure, EAC
- Julie Cunningham, Executive Director, Conference of Minority Transportation Officials, Washington, DC
- Jean Claude Nsengiyumva, Deputy Secreatary General, Productive and Social Sector, EAC Presentation.