Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- 2006 DOT ITS/Operations Resource Guide - A comprehensive listing of over 400 documents, websites, training courses, software tools, and points of contact related to ITS.
- FTA Report 0002 - Miami Urban Partnership Evaluation Report Agreement (UPA) Pines Boulevard Transit Signal Priority (September 2011) (PDF) - This report summarizes the findings of TSP data collection on Pines/Hollywood Blvd. from December 2010 to February 2011. The data showed an average time savings of 4 minutes in the AM peak period due to TSP, which amounted to a 12 percent reduction in travel times.
- FTA Transit Intelligent Transportation System Architecture Consistency Review – 2010 Update (June 2011) (PDF) - The report provides an assessment on the level of compliance among the FTA grantees with the National ITS Architecture Policy, specifically (1) examining the use and maintenance of Regional ITS Architecture by transit agencies to plan, predict, and guidance their ITS deployment within their regions; (2) the use of the systems engineering process; and (3) the use and implementation of US DOT-supported ITS standards.
- Regional Rail Onboard Electronic Payment Project (September 2009) (PDF) - This report presents the findings of The Regional Rail On-board Electronic Payment Project, an investigation by SEPTA and Temple University that tested the feasibility of conducting electronic fare payment on commuter rail service using a system of hand held devices that communicate with contactless smart cards.
- RTC ITS Evaluation Report (May 2010) (PDF) - This report documents the evaluation of the procurement, implementation, and operation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) in Washoe County, Nevada. The purpose of the report is to provide insight and lessons learned to other agencies considering the development of transit ITS to improve system efficiency, customer service, and safety.
Last updated: Wednesday, December 9, 2015