2020 FTA Transit Asset Management (TAM) Virtual Public Roundtable
July 28-30, 2020
FTA hosted the eleventh transit asset management (TAM) Roundtable as an online event July 28-30, 2020.
The TAM Roundtable brought together practitioners from transit agencies across the country who are directly involved in asset management. The July 28th session featured a panel of transit agency executive leadership discussing recent and ongoing issues related to the COVID-19 public health emergency, highlighting maintenance practices, workforce impacts, implications for the capital program, and using TAM to support emergency response. It also included a presentation from FTA staff highlighting TAM program updates.
The July 29-30th sessions were geared toward a smaller audience of transit agency staff. These sessions included staff-level presentations and breakout discussions. The Roundtable provided an opportunity for agencies to gain valuable insights from peers and to share lessons learned through the asset management process.
Presentations and Resources
TAM Virtual Public Roundtable Recording is now available!
TAM Virtual Public Roundtable Presentation
- Carolyn Gonot, Utah Transit Authority
- Doug Holcomb, Greater Bridgeport Transit
- Jessica Mefford-Miller, St. Louis Metro
- Jennie Rowland, Big Woods Transit (Bois Forte Band of Chippewa)
- Jeffrey Tumlin, San Francisco MTA
TAM and Organizational Strategy Presentation
- Hanh Tran, MetroTransit
- Alan Lehto, TriMet
Data and Operationalizing Presentation
- Alexi Miller and Alberto Aviles, Houston Metro
- Jeri Bernstein, Washington State Ferries
- Michael Quant, Los Angeles Metro