In 2011, the FTA awarded six one-time grants to public transportation providers to demonstrate effective TAM systems and “best practices”, which could be replicated to improve transportation asset management at the nation's rail and bus public transportation agencies.
Asset Management Pilot Projects demonstrate solutions to the challenges faced in the phases of the asset management cycle, as well as improve the overall asset management flow and approach. The public agency reports and presentations describe innovative and/or improved asset management methods that are scalable and transferable such that they can be adapted by public transportation agencies, State DOTs and MPOs.
- Caltrain CTAMS Presentation
- Meridian Valley Transit TAM Presentation
- Regional Transit Authority (Chicago) Presentation
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Briefing
- Virginia DRPT Presentation
- Utah Transit - FTA Presentation
- State of Good Repair Grants to WMATA – December 2010
- Caltrain CTAMS Final Report
- Meridian Valley Regional Transit Report
- Regional Transit Authority (Chicago) TAM Final Report
- Utah Transit Authority TAM Final Report April 2013