Statistical Summaries provide information about the Federal Transit Administration's (FTA) major financial aid programs during a given Federal Fiscal Year (FY) for the following programs:
- Urbanized Area Formula
- Non-urbanized Area Formula
- Rural Transit Assistance Program
- Enhanced Mobility of Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities
- Capital, Interstate Substitution
- Metropolitan Transportation Planning Statewide Transportation Planning
- Consolidated Planning Grants
- Emergency Supplemental Funding
- State Infrastructure Banks
- Bus and Bus Facilities State of Good Repair
- Job Access and Reverse Commute
- Over-the-Road Bus, Clean Fuels
- Alternative Transportation in the Parks and Public Lands (ATPPL)
- Alternatives Analysis (AA)
- New Freedom (NF)
The fiscal Year 2013 Statistical Summaries represents the data from the “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century” or MAP-21 authorization. Programs authorized under SAFETEA – LU are included as well, until the funds obligated under those programs have been fully expended. Certain programs have also been repealed under MAP-21 (see above) and therefore will not be represented in future statistical summaries once the funding has been fully expended.
The data used in the Statistical Summaries are compiled from the capital, operating, and planning assistance grants to transit authorities, states, planning agencies, and other units of local government and eligible recipients. FY 2013 also represents the first year that FTA incorporated the 2010 census data into its formula apportionments. Therefore FY 2013 funds were apportioned and obligated to UZAs as defined by the 2010 census.
For carryover funds prior to FY 2013, (1) if the UZA name associated with the UZA code changed in the 2010 census (due to mergers, splits, or name change), then the obligations are shown under the new name; or (2) if the UZA was deleted in the 2010 census, the obligations are shown under the old name associated with the obsolete UZA code.