Date Posted: 9/12/2018
Date Closed: 11/13/2018
Opportunity Announcement TXT:
Opportunity Announcement PDF:
FTA is soliciting expressions of interest to participate in the Pilot Program for Expedited Project Delivery. FTA intends to work with selected project sponsors to further define the steps that must be completed before a grant can be awarded under the Pilot Program. Expressions of interest must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 13, 2018.
The Pilot Program is aimed at expediting delivery of new transit capital projects that:
- utilize public-private partnerships,
- are planned to be operated and maintained by employees of an existing public transportation provider, and
- have a federal share not exceeding 25 percent of the project capital cost.
Eligible applicants to the Pilot Program include state or local government authorities. A maximum of eight projects can be awarded grants under the Pilot Program. To date, Congress has appropriated a total of $25 million for this program.
Project sponsors wishing to participate in the Pilot Program must submit an expression of interest to FTA no longer than 10 pages in length including supporting documentation as detailed in the announcement above. Expression of interest to become one of the participants in the Pilot Program must be submitted to FTA by mail, email or facsimile by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 13, 2018.
- Electronic submissions are preferred by FTA. Email submissions to ExpeditedProjectDelivery@dot.gov
- Mail submissions to the Office of Planning and Environment, Federal Transit Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Room E45-119, Washington, DC 20590. (Mail submissions can get delayed due to security steps in place in USDOT).
- Fax submissions to 202-493-2478, attention: Pilot Program for Expedited Project Delivery
For more information, contact Susan Eddy