The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination and ensures equal opportunity and access for persons with disabilities.
The Federal Transit Administration works to ensure nondiscriminatory transportation in support of our mission to enhance the social and economic quality of life for all Americans. The FTA Office of Civil Rights is responsible for civil rights compliance and monitoring to ensure nondiscriminatory provision of public transit services.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Guidance (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Guidance (Word version)
- ADA Circular press release
- FTA Acting Administrator Therese McMillan statement
- FTA ADA Circular Fact Sheet (PDF)
- ADA Circular training series