Procurement System Reviews
The FTA has a vested interest in assisting recipients to maintain efficient and effective procurement systems as well as a responsibility to ensure that its recipients expend their funds in accordance with FTA regulations, the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, Audit Requirements for Federal Awards at 2 CFR Part 200 (Uniform Guidance), and contractual/grant agreements with the FTA. The Procurement System Review (PSR) determines if recipients are meeting these requirements and identifies any necessary corrective actions. In addition to helping evaluate recipients, the PSR program’s objectives also include:
- Encouraging and facilitating improved recipient procurement operations
- Fostering the use of industry best practices
- Identifying technical assistance needs, at the recipient level and at the national level, and delivering technical assistance to meet those needs
- Spotting emerging issues with recipients in a forward-looking fashion
- Identifying recipients with recurring or systemic issues
- Highlighting policy issues and informing policy development
- Understanding trends and cross-cutting issues at the national level
- Informing curriculum development of FTA-sponsored technical training courses
- Aiding in the development of reports to FTA and DOT leadership, Congress, other oversight agencies, and the transit community in general.
View the Procurement System Review Contractor’s Manual Fiscal Year 2023.