The Oversight Tracking System (OTrak) is FTA’s official system of record for program oversight data for FTA staff, contractors and recipients. FTA is modernizing OTrak from a database to a workflow management system, which will improve efficiencies by incorporating the management of all oversight activities in one system and integrating data from the National Transit Database (NTD) and Transit Award Management System (TrAMS).
For the first time, FTA recipients will have access to the system to complete key oversight tasks, track review progress, and access oversight history data. This includes updating recipient operations profiles, completing and uploading information request responses, submitting corrective actions, and requesting closure of findings.
- Workflow support and automation
- Notification functions
- Direct submission of information requests and corrective action responses
- Data visualization and reporting tools
- Ability to track compliance data trends more efficiently
FTA is conducting two identical virtual recipient focus groups in November and December 2019. The focus groups will provide recipients a first look at the system and gather important feedback on the look, feel, and functionalities of OTrak. During the focus groups, FTA will demonstrate the system’s functionalities, including a recipient's landing page, and ask for feedback on navigation, functions and the user experience.
The target audience for the focus groups are staff involved in FTA’s program oversight reviews who perform the following actions:
- Respond to FTA’s information requests prior to a review,
- Submit documentation to FTA to resolve findings,
- Approve submission of documentation to FTA, or
- Need access to past oversight review reports.
FTA values your organization’s participation and feedback to gather a range of system user perspectives and viewpoints.
The OTrak Virtual Recipient Focus Group dates, times, and registration links are provided below. Register for the most convenient session—both will be identical in content.
- Virtual OTrak Recipient Focus Group #2: Wednesday, December 4, 1:00-3:00 P.M. EST
Questions? Contact Meleia Egger, Transportation Program Analyst, Office of Program Oversight, (202) 366-4370.