Procurement System Review Contractor’s Manual Fiscal Year 2020
The FY20 Procurement System Review (PSR) Manual conveys FTA’s expectations of our PSR Contractors for assessing procurement compliance of FTA recipients. This manual is a “back to basics” effort to identify the minimum procurement compliance requirements to which recipients are expected to comply and the optimal methods for assessing compliance with those requirements.
Each question in the contractor’s manual includes:
- Basic Requirement: The minimum requirement to which all applicable recipients are expected to comply – directly tied to a law, regulation, circular, master agreement, or other binding guidance.
- Applicability: Broad identification of the recipients to which the requirement applies.
- Explanation for Reviewer: An expanded explanation of the basic requirement.
- Indicators of Compliance: The questions FTA reviewers will answer to determine a recipient’s compliance with the basic requirement.
- Instructions for Reviewer: Specific instructions to FTA’s reviewers about what and how to evaluate for compliance with each indicator.
- Potential Deficiency Determinations: Condition(s) under which a recipient could be deficient along with suggested corrective action.
- Governing Directives: Specific citations from law, regulation, circular, master agreement or other binding agreements that form the basis of the requirement for which a deficiency may be found.