FTA's EEO Circular 4704.1A provides guidance to FTA grant recipients necessary to carry out Equal Employment Opportunity requirements and prepare EEO Program Plans.
- EEO Circular (PDF)
- Sample Utilization Analysis Chart (Excel)
- Sample Employment Practices Chart (Excel)
- Federal Register notice
EEO Program Plan
FTA requires recipients meeting the threshold below to prepare an EEO Program Plan. The program is a detailed, results-oriented set of procedures designed to ensure recipients meet EEO requirements in their agencies’ employment-related matters.
Any FTA applicant, recipient, subrecipient, and contractor who meets both of the following threshold requirements must implement all of the EEO Program elements:
- Employs 100 or more transit-related employees, and
- Requests or receives capital or operating assistance in excess of $1 million in the previous Federal fiscal year, or requests or receives planning assistance in excess of $250,000 in the previous Federal fiscal year.
Agencies that have between 50–99 transit-related employees are required to prepare and maintain an EEO Program that includes the statement of policy, dissemination plan, designation of personnel, assessment of employment practices, and a monitoring and reporting system.
EEO Program Components
- Statement of Policy
- Designation of Personnel Responsibility
- Utilization Analysis
- Goals and Timetables
- Assessment of Employment Practices
- Monitoring and Reporting