Metropolitan Planning Organizations
FTA developed a host of materials to help MPOs coordinate with public transportation providers developing Agency Safety Plans and Safety Performance Targets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Safety Performance Targets
- Supporting Safety Management System Analysis with the National Transit Database
- Safety Performance Targets Fact Sheet
- Accessing and Using National Transit Database Safety and Security Event Data Guide
- January 6, 2022: Using the National Transit Database to Support Safety Analysis in an SMS
Roles and Responsibilities
- PTASP Roles and Responsibilities Fact Sheet
- MPO Responsibilities - Safety Performance Targets (Questions 18-22)
- April 30, 2019: PTASP Public Transportation Safety and Asset Management in Performance-Based Planning and Programming
- February 4, 2020: PTASP Safety Performance Targets Webinar
- Management and Use of Data for Transportation Performance Management: Guide for Practitioners (2019)
- NSP Safety Performance Measures
- Introduction to Safety Performance Indicators and Targets
- Safety Performance Targets Guide
SMS Records and Documentation
- March 31, 2021: PTASP Documentation and Recordkeeping
Annual ASP Review
April 29, 2021: Carrying Out the Annual ASP Review
Please direct all PTASP and SMS questions to FTA’s PTASP-TAC e-mail address.
To receive PTASP-related emails, enter your email address and select Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP).