FTA will host the 17th Biennial FTA State Programs Meeting and State Public Transit Partnerships Conference in Washington, DC, August 16–18, 2017. The theme for this year’s conference is "Rural America on the Move," reflecting U.S. DOT Secretary Elaine Chao's emphasis on ensuring the nation's rural communities are engaged as the nation forges ahead with ensuring our communities have access to the best transportation network and services as possible.
This biennial conference is an excellent opportunity to learn more about, and share experiences regarding, recent developments related to FTA's state-administered programs. Among those in attendance will be FTA staff and your State DOT counterparts from around the country. Those who are able to participate in this conference will learn from FTA and their industry peers more about the following topics:
- FTA grant programs;
- The basics of transit program management;
- Emerging coordinated mobility options;
- Civil rights, including ADA, Title VI, DBE, and EEO;
- Transit asset management;
- Safety management systems;
- TrAMS grant application development;
- Planning and performance management; and
- Compliance and grant management requirements.