This series of 7 fact sheets summarizes data that transit agencies reported to the NTD, providing an inventory and assessment of the condition of assets used to provide transit service nationally.
This series of fact sheets summarizes data that transit agencies reported to the NTD, providing an inventory and assessment of the condition of assets used to provide transit service nationally.
The Safety and Security Reporting Policy Manual consists of the following sections:
- Table of Contents
- Policy Changes and Clarifications
- Introduction: The National Transit Database
- Reporting Requirements
- S&S-20: Safety and Security CEO Certification
- S&S-30: Security Configuration
- S&S-40: Major Event Report
- S&S-50: Non-Major Monthly Summary Report
The Report Year 2018 Policy Manual for the National Transit Database (NTD) includes:
- Report Year 2018 Policy Changes and Reporting Clarifications
- Basic Information Requirements
- Financial Data Requirements
- Service Data Requirements
- Safety Data Requirements
- Asset Inventory Data Requirements
- Resource Data Requirements
- Federal Funding Data Requirements
- Declarations and Requests ...
Beginning with FY 2018, the Independent Auditor's Statement for Financial Data (IAS-FD) is a decennial NTD requirement for all urban Full and Reduced Reporters. The attached help sheet provides guidance to auditors regarding the purpose of this audit and instructions for submitting the statement to the NTD.
Questions by Module
System Access and Functions
Contains monthly-updated service information reported by urban Full Reporters, released after adjustments.
This file will be updated periodically by FTA to include data for subsequent months, and to incorporate revisions to prior months in the calendar year made by the transit properties. In some cases, this may include revisions to data from previous years.
The National Transit Summaries and Trends (NTST), one of the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) NTD Annual Data Publications.
The goal of the NTST is to present and summarize transit data in an easy-to-read format and provide an overview of public transit in the United States. The most recent NTST Report discusses data from 2010 to 2019.