USA Banner

Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

U.S. Department of Transportation U.S. Department of Transportation Icon United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

Title to Property

Frequently Asked Questions

Can a sub-recipient hold title to vehicles purchased with federal funds? Are there limitations?

A sub-recipient may hold title to FTA assisted property provided that the grantee can assure "satisfactory continuing control" of the use of that property for public transportation. (Posted: October, 2010)