You are here

Surplus Government Equipment

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get assistance to procure government surplus to assist special needs children?

The Federal Transit Administration grant funds are restricted by law to public transportation purposes; i.e., transportation of the general public. Your local transit agency may have a paratransit service for disabled individuals that would give these special needs children access to public transportation, and we would suggest you contact that agency. We would also suggest you contact your state Department of Transportation to see if they can suggest some state or county agency that might be able to donate surplus equipment for the transportation of these children. (Posted: October, 2010) 

Updated: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Submit Feedback >