USA Banner

Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

U.S. Department of Transportation U.S. Department of Transportation Icon United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

DOT Glass Certification

Frequently Asked Questions

Can you tell us how to contact the US DOT concerning the DOT glass “bug certification” for city buses, school buses, etc?

You should contact NHTSA and FHWA. The websites of these agencies are below.


(Reviewed June 2010)