USA Banner

Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

U.S. Department of Transportation U.S. Department of Transportation Icon United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

Commercial Driver's Licenses

Frequently Asked Questions

We are a provider of public transit in Kansas. Our drivers now need DOT physicals to comply with regulations. We have a medical office who is doing the DOT physicals but does not have the physical cards to issue to the drivers. Where can they get the cards?

Commercial Drivers Licenses for public transit agencies within the state of Kansas are administered by the Division of Motor Vehicles within the Kansas State Department of Revenue. See the Kansas Commercial Driver's License Handbook, the DOT Medical Certification form (PDF), and the Medical Examiner Form (PDF). (Posted: December, 2011)