Significant Guidance Documents
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) established guidelines in 2007 that federal agencies should follow when creating and disseminating "significant guidance documents." Part of these guidelines state that a federal agency like the FTA must provide easy access to a list of all the agency's significant guidance documents in electronic form. If you want to learn more about this effort you can read the OMB Final Bulletin for Agency Good Guidance Practices (PDF).
In addition to Circulars, FTA has determined that the following documents, also located in other locations on this website, meet OMB's definition of "significant guidance." The consolidated listing below is provided for your convenient reference and in conformance with OMB guidelines.
- New Restrictions on Lobbying (PDF)
- FTA Guidance - Project Labor Agreements (MS Word)
- FHWA/FTA Clarifying Guidance on Implementation of SAFETEA-LU Planning Provisions
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Improvement Program -- Final Program Guidance
- Guidance for Determining De Minimis Impact to Section 4(f) Resources (PDF)
- SAFETEA-LU Environmental Review Process Final Guidance
- Notice of Availability of Guidance on Section 6002 of the Safe, Flexible, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU)