National RTAP Transit Manager Peer Roundtable
Please join us for an informal discussion of issues of interest to managers at rural and tribal transit agencies. We plan to have a volunteer to kick off discussion on each topic, but we encourage everyone to participate and share questions, information, and tips with your peers.
Potential topics include:
- Strategies for dealing with driver shortages
- Advocating the benefits of transit to funders for local match
- Outreach strategies to underrepresented groups
- Software procurement and knowing what to include in an RFP
- Challenges coordinating with other agencies, such as not getting paid the fully allocated cost of social services trips, despite transportation funding available for those programs
- Push for EVs in areas where the infrastructure and maintenance resources to support it are not there
- Catalytic converter thefts
- Adapting to increases or decreases in service demand due to telehealth, COVID, online shopping, the "silver tsunami," inflation, etc.
Note: This roundtable is only for management at rural and tribal transit agencies, including Transit Managers, Executive Directors, Operations Managers, Mobility Managers, etc.