PTASP Template for Bus Transit Reference Tool
In light of the extraordinary operational challenges presented by the COVID-19 public health emergency, FTA issued a Notice of Enforcement Discretion effectively extending the PTASP compliance deadline from July 20, 2020 to December 31, 2020. Please visit FTA’s COVID-19 FAQs page for more information about the Notice.
The PTASP TAC is available to help you meet PTASP regulation requirements.
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) is providing the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan Template for Bus Transit and accompanying Reference Tool to assist with the development of a Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (Safety Plan) for bus transit modes. The template and reference tool are intended for use by States and operators of public transportation systems that are required to draft a Safety Plan in accordance with 49 C.F.R. Part 673.
Version 2 changes:
- Section 1: List of funding type examples changed from Sections 5310, and 5311 to Sections 5337, and 5339.
- Section 3: Safety Performance Targets table headings updated.
- Footnote 1: Definition of “small public transportation provider” updated.
- Other: Minor wording edits made to instructions.
Version 3 changes:
- Abbreviation “Safety Plan” updated to “ASP.”
- “Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan” updated to “Agency Safety Plan” or “ASP” where referring specifically to the plan (and not Part 673).