PTASP Template for Bus Transit Reference Tool
In light of the extraordinary challenges presented by the COVID-19 public health emergency, on December 11, 2020 FTA issued a second Notice of Enforcement Discretion for the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) regulation (49 CFR Part 673). FTA will refrain from taking enforcement action until July 21, 2021 for recipients and subrecipients unable to certify compliance with the PTASP regulation. Please visit FTA’s COVID-19 FAQs page for more information about the Notice.
The PTASP TAC remains available to help you meet PTASP regulation requirements.
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) is providing the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan Template for Bus Transit and accompanying Reference Tool to assist with the development of a Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (Safety Plan) for bus transit modes. The template and reference tool are intended for use by States and operators of public transportation systems that are required to draft a Safety Plan in accordance with 49 C.F.R. Part 673.
Version 2 changes:
- Section 1: List of funding type examples changed from Sections 5310, and 5311 to Sections 5337, and 5339.
- Section 3: Safety Performance Targets table headings updated.
- Footnote 1: Definition of “small public transportation provider” updated.
- Other: Minor wording edits made to instructions.
Version 3 changes:
- Abbreviation “Safety Plan” updated to “ASP.”
- “Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan” updated to “Agency Safety Plan” or “ASP” where referring specifically to the plan (and not Part 673).