Each year Congress passes legislation which, when signed by the President, appropriates funds for the Department of Transportation and related agencies. After this legislation is enacted, FTA publishes a Notice in the Federal Register which provides an overview of the apportionments and allocations based on these funds for the various Federal Transit Administration programs as well as statements of policy and guidance on public transit administration. The pages on this web page contain the current and prior fiscal year apportionments for each grant program. Additional past years’ apportionments are available for viewing in the Archived Apportionments page.
The Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (Pub. L. 113-6) was signed into law by President Obama on March 26, 2013. It appropriates funds for all of the surface transportation programs of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for the remainder of the Fiscal Year (FY) ending September 30, 2013.
This Notice supplements the October 16, 2012 Federal Register notice that provided a partial apportionment of FY 2013 formula funds. That notice also contained important information and interim guidance about new FTA programs and changes to existing FTA programs authorized by the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) (Pub. L. 112-141) signed by President Obama on July 6, 2012, and effective on October 1, 2012. It also contained information on how FTA plans to administer its transit programs in FY 2013 and how funds appropriated and allocated prior to FY 2013 will be treated.
For general information about this notice contact the Office of Transit Programs, at (202) 366-2053. Please contact the appropriate FTA regional office for any specific requests for information or technical assistance.
- FTA Supplemental Fiscal Year 2013 Apportionments, Allocations, and Program Information. [PDF - supplemental Federal Register (FR) notice] [HTML - supplemental FR]
- FY 2013 Apportionments, Allocations, Program Information and Interim Guidance under MAP-21. [PDF - FR Apportionments] [HTML - FR Apportionments]
- FY 2013 Apportionments, Allocation, and Program Information -CR
1. Appropriations and Apportionments for Grant Programs — [Excel version - Table 1]
2. Section 5303 and 5304 Metropolitan Planning Program and Statewide and Non-Metropolitan Planning and Research Program Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 2]
3. Section 5307 and Section 5340 Urbanized Area Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 3]
3-A. Section 5307 Operating Assistance Special Rule Operator Caps — [Excel version - Table 3-A]
4. Section 5307 Apportionment Formula — [Excel version - Table 4]
5. Formula Programs Apportionments Data Unit Values — [Excel version - Table 5]
6. Small Transit Intensive Cities Performance Data and Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 6]
7. Section 5309 Fixed Guideway Capital Investment Grants Allocations — [Excel version - Table 7]
8. Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities — [Excel version - Table 8]
9. Section 5311 And Section 5340 Rural Area Formula Apportionments, Rural Transportation Assistance Program (RTAP) Allocations, and Appalachian Development Public Transportation Assistance Program — [Excel version - Table 9]
10. Section 5311(C) Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Formula Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 10]
11. Section 5337 State of Good Repair Formula Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 11]
12. Section 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities Formula Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 12]
13. Section 5329(e) State Safety Oversight Program Apportionments — [Excel version - Table 13]
14. FY 2012 Section 5320 Paul S. Sarbanes Transit in the Parks Allocations — [Excel version - Table 14]