05. What does a PIPP waiver or modification request look like?
The waiver or modification request is the formal documentation of an applicant’s request for the use of an experimental procedure in the project development process.
The request must include the following information for it to be considered complete and reviewed by FTA:
- Provide a brief project description.
- Identify whether the project is to be delivered as a public-private partnership, as a joint development, or with another private sector investment.
- Describe in detail the role of the private sector investor, if any, in delivering the project.
- Identify the specific FTA requirement(s) that the recipient requests to have modified or waived and a proposal as to how the requirement(s) should be modified.
- Provide a justification for the modification(s) or waiver(s), including an explanation of how the FTA requirement(s) presents an impediment to a public-private partnership, joint development, or other private sector investment.
- Explain how the public interest and public investment in the project will be protected and how FTA can ensure the appropriate level of public oversight and control, as determined by the FTA Administrator, is undertaken if the modification(s) or waiver(s) is allowed.
- Provide other recipients’ concurrence with the submission of the application and waiver of the right to submit a separate application for the same project, where a project has more than one recipient at the time of application.
- Provide a financial plan identifying sources and uses of funds proposed or committed to the project.
- Explain the expected benefits that the modification or waiver of FTA requirements would provide to mitigate impediments to the greater use of public-private partnerships and private investment in the project.