FTA’s Environmental and Sustainability Management Systems (ESMS) program provides assistance in the form of training workshops, on-site technical support visits, electronic materials and resources, and consultation. Participating agencies received technical assistance and training in the development and implementation of an ESMS at their chosen facility based on the 14001 Standard of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The fourth round of EMS Training and Technical Assistance was announced in a Dear Colleague Letter (PDF). A brochure describing the training in detail can be found below.
- Commonwealth Office of Transit Authority, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- City of Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit District, Cleveland, Ohio
- Golden Empire Transit, Bakersfield, California
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit District, Tampa, Florida
- Kitsap Transit, Bremerton, Washington
- Lane Transit, Springfield, Oregon
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, San Jose, California
- Tri-Delta Transit, Antioch, California
- VIA Metropolitan Transit, San Antonio, Texas