On June 18, 2010, FTA Administrator Peter Rogoff issued a Dear Colleague letter inviting state and local transit agencies to apply for Environmental Management Systems (EMS) training and technical assistance. The program provides assistance in the form of training workshops, on-site technical support visits, electronic materials and resources, and consultation. FTA emphasized the importance of senior executive support and encouraged their active particpation in the program.
On September 27, 2010, Administrator Peter Rogoff approved the selection of the 10 transit agencies for participation. Agencies were selcted based on organizational commitment by transit agency leadership to EMS implementation; Geographical diversity; Previous environmental experiences; and Environmental challenges from operations and/or pending capital projects.
- Capital Metro Transit
- Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District
- Foothill Transit
- Intercity Transit
- King County Metro Transit
- Long Beach Transit
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Port Authority of Allegheny County
- San Joaquin Regional Transit District
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority