- Defines "state of good repair"
- Requires grantees to develop a TAM plan
- Establishes performance measures
- Establishes annual reporting requirements to the National Transit Database
- Requires FTA to provide technical assistance
Final Transit Asset Management Rule
- National Transit Asset Management Final Rule
- TAM Final Rule Press Release
- TAM Final Rule Fact Sheet
- TAM Final Rule FAQs
NO REQUIRED NTD REPORTING FOR INITIAL TARGETS: The TAM final rule requires transit providers and group TAM plan sponsors to set state of good repair (SGR) performance targets within three months after the effective date of the final rule [49 CFR § 625.45 (b)(1)]. Accordingly, transit providers and group TAM plan sponsors must set initial SGR performance targets no later than January 1, 2017. In prior outreach FTA incorrectly stated that transit providers and group TAM plan sponsors also are required to report their initial targets to the National Transit Database (NTD). A transit provider or group TAM plan sponsor may report initial targets to the NTD when it opens in early January 2017; however, initial target reporting is not required by the rule. FTA will issue guidance on future reporting for SGR performance targets and other TAM reporting requirements.