Welcome to the Transit Award Management System (TrAMS), FTA’s platform to award and manage federal grants. TrAMS was created to provide greater efficiency and improved transparency and accountability. FTA deployed TrAMS in February 2016 to provide an efficient, user-friendly, and flexible tool to award and manage grants and cooperative agreements and to strengthen the integrity and consistency of our award and management financial and programmatic information. TrAMS replaced the Transit Electronic Award Management (TEAM) system which had been in operation since 1998.
Operating Status: Open
Have a TrAMS account? Log in
Recent TrAMS News
- Starting Monday, November 5, TrAMS re-opened for financial activity following a temporary closure that occurs at the end of each fiscal year. This year, the closure took effect on September 21. FTA staff is now processing application reviews, awarding grants and cooperative agreements, and reviewing/approving budget revisions, amendments, de-obligations, and closeouts. Grant applicants can now continue to develop applications, including adding activity line items and initiating post-award actions including closeout amendments. Tasks that were pending on September 21 will be reissued and available for action. If you need assistance, please contact your FTA Regional Office or the TrAMS Help Desk.
- FY 2018 Annual List of Certifications & Assurances
- FY 2018 Certifications & Assurances TrAMS module updates and how-to resources
FTA continues to refine TrAMS to improve efficiency and ease of use. Here are a few of some recent changes:
- An update (June 2018) to TrAMS now displays the custom ALI names on screen and in the various view print documents. For more information see the Custom ALI Tip Sheet.
- Updating recipient contacts (May 2018). TrAMS users with the user manager role now have the ability to add, edit, and update their organizational contacts. For more information, see our tip sheet.
- Application deletion (March 2018). TrAMS users with the developer and submitter role now have the ability to delete applications that are in progress. For more information, see our tip sheet.
- Password Reset Restriction (January 2018). New security requirements now restrict user password reset requests to once within a 24-hour period. If you attempt a second password reset before the end of the 24-hour period, TrAMS will send a system generated email that you have not complied with the 24-hour requirement. The email will direct you to the TrAMS helpdesk for assistance. For more information about user roles, management and security requirements see the FACES User Guide.
- Required PIN Resets (December 2017)