The world is experiencing an expanding outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus (COVID-19). FTA encourages transit agencies to be informed and prepared.
On Friday, March 27, President Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act into law. FTA is allocating $25 billion to recipients of urbanized area and rural area formula funds. Learn more
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from FTA Grantees Regarding the CARES Act (4-2-2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from FTA Grantees Regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (3-27-2020)
- USDOT Guidance on Compliance with DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations (3-23-2020)
Press Releases, Blogs & Announcements
- U.S. Department of Transportation Announces $25 Billion Funding Allocation to Help Nation’s Public Transportation Systems Respond to COVID-19 (4-2-2020)
- U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Deadline Extension for Federal Transit Administration Competitive Grant Programs (3-27-2020)
- Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao's Comments with Transit Stakeholders (3-26-2020)
- Making Public Transit Safer During the COVID-19 Outbreak blog by Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao (3-18-2020)
- U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Increased Flexibility to Help Transit Agencies Respond to Coronavirus (3-13-2020)
Other Federal Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC has established a landing page with the latest information from CDC and the overarching medical community on COVID-19, including information on how it spreads, symptoms, prevention and treatment, stigma and COVID-19, what to do if you are sick, and frequently asked questions.
For more information and to ask questions, contact FTAResponse@dot.gov.