REGION 8 BULLETIN NO: 2014-11
Subject: TrAMS Implementation Notes to Grantees
Date: May 16, 2014
Dear Region 8 Grantees:
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) is excited about the future deployment of its new Transit Award Management System, or TrAMS that will replace the Transportation Electronic Award and Management, long referred to as TEAM which has been in operation since 1998. We’re writing to provide you with an update on system implementation and share with you information how you can be prepared for the transition from TEAM to TrAMS.
Fiscal Year 2014 Grant Applications
In FTA’s fiscal year (FY) 2014 apportionment notice published on March 10th it highlighted that FTA intends to deploy TrAMS in FY 2015, and noted several important key dates. Most importantly is that for FY 2014, grant applications must be in submitted status in TEAM by June 30, 2014 so FTA has adequate time to complete its review and award the grant by the end of FY 2014.
Grants awarded in TEAM (and closed grants) will be migrated into TrAMS. However if your applications are not awarded in TEAM by the end of FY 2014, FTA cannot guarantee they will be migrated into TrAMS. If an application is not migrated into the new system, the recipient may need to re-create their application in TrAMS in FY 2015. The reason this will be required is that TrAMS, by design, collects and presents information contained in new grant applications differently than TEAM. FTA will make a concerted effort to award all pending grant applications in TEAM by the end of FY 2014.
The FY 2014 apportionment notice can be found on FTA’s Website at http://www.fta.dot.gov/apportionments
How to Prepare for TrAMS
FTA intends to migrate grantee information from TEAM to TrAMS, including all open and closed grants, your profile information and system access information. To ensure information is accurate at the time of migration, FTA recipients can help by taking the following actions:
- Review your TEAM Profile, your agency Points of Contact and Union Information to ensure the appropriate persons are identified, addresses, phone and email information is current.
- Review your organization’s profile on the System for Award Management (SAM) and ensure that it is in active status and the information displayed is accurate. Once TrAMS deploys, your organization’s SAM information will be synced with TrAMS so both systems have consistent information. You can look up your organization on SAM at http://www.sam.gov by typing in the DUNS number that is in your organization’s TEAM profile into the search query in SAM.
- Review your Civil Rights status to make sure it is current.
- Review the status of your open grants and submit closeout amendments for any grants that are ready to be closed.
- If you are a designated recipient, ensure you have current information.
We encourage you to get connected by signing up to receive notifications by visiting FTA’s TrAMS webpage for future notices about TrAMS and training opportunities. The webpage is at http://www.fta.dot.gov/TrAMS It is password protected so that only organizations that will be using TrAMS have access to the content. The username is trams and the password is TrAMS2014. You can also send an email to email@example.com with questions and requests for additional information.
Beginning in August, FTA will be holding webinars on TrAMS implementation to share information on how to log onto TrAMS and how to review and confirm that your TEAM information has successfully migrated into TrAMS. We are also organizing hands-on trainings for August, September, and October. More details on these trainings will be available in the next few months.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience as FTA embarks on this major endeavor.
Please contact David Beckhouse at 720.963.3306 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Linda M. Gehrke