Federal Fiscal Year 2017 End Close highlighted reminders relating to grants and TrAMS:
- The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has asked that FTA submit grants to DOL through TrAMS by Friday, July 21, 2017 especially if there are potential labor issues. DOL will make every effort to certify grants submitted after that date. The minimum processing time typically required is 25 days (15 days for referral to unions and five days on each side for DOL processing) and can take as long as 60 days after DOL's referral if objections are raised. Additionally, please remember that all federal requirements relating to grant awards, including STIP and NEPA approvals, must be met for FTA to submit a grant application to DOL.
- All grants must be obligated in TrAMS no later than Friday, September 22, 2017.
- TrAMS will not be available to accept obligations, de-obligations, scope transfers, fund substitutions or funding adjustments after 6 p.m. Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Grant agreements that have been awarded but not executed by Friday, September 22, 2017 will need to be executed when TrAMS reopens for FY 2018 activity. Awards not executed are not available for draw-down or disbursement.
- The estimated date to reopen (TrAMS) to enter new obligations is late October or early November. This includes prior-year unobligated funds carried forward into FY 2018.
- New budget authority for FY 2018 will be contingent upon enactment of appropriations by Congress. If Congress enacts a Continuing Resolution (CR) in lieu of a full-year 2018 appropriation, you will be notified as to the availability of new budget authority.
Questions regarding the above information? Contact your FTA Community Planner/Transportation Program Specialist.