Measuring Greenhouse Gas Emissions Webinar (July 27)
FTA’s Sustainable Transit for a Healthy Planet Challenge encourages transit agencies to develop climate action strategies with measurable goals to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to support President Biden’s climate goals.
Join FTA and the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) at a webinar Tuesday, July 27 at 3:30 p.m. ET to learn about tools and resources for measuring GHG emissions. At the event, practitioners will discuss strategies to measure their agencies’ GHG emissions and how they quantify results and outcomes.
The event is free, but registration is required. Speakers include:
- Rob Borowski, Sustainability Officer, Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Austin, TX (moderator)
- Mark Ferroni, FTA Deputy Associate Administrator for Planning & Environment
- Dr. Cris Liban, Chief Sustainability Officer, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Los Angeles, CA
- Amy Shatzkin, Deputy Director, Environmental Affairs & Sustainability, Sound Transit, Seattle, WA
- Nicole Dufva, Public Engagement Planner, Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority, St. Petersburg, FL