Transit COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection
FTA uses an online application to collect information from FTA recipients and subrecipients on the impacts of COVID-19. FTA will use this data to inform FTA actions in support of the transit industry’s COVID-19 response and recovery efforts and implementation of the Federal mask requirement for public transportation.
All agencies that currently provide transit service and submit reports to the National Transit Database (NTD) as urban reporters or tribal transit agencies will report directly to the application. State recipients of Section 5311 grants will report to the application on behalf of their applicable subrecipients.
To reduce the burden on reporters, the application leverages FTA’s existing Transit Integrated Appian Development Platform, the platform that hosts the NTD. This application captures transit workforce counts, service impacts, and transit worker positives, fatalities and recoveries.
Applicable users may access the COVID-19 online application on the Transit Integrated Appian Platform using their existing login credentials. Users will submit two forms for their agency: a Baseline Form and a Recurring Form. FTA requires that respondents continue to report to the FTA Transit COVID-19 Response Program until further notice.
- COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection Fact Sheet for Section 5311 Recipients
- COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection Fact Sheet for Urban and Tribal Transit Providers
- Reporting Applicability Overview
- COVID-19 Response Program Info Collection Application for Urban & Tribal Transit
- COVID-19 Response Program Info Collection Application for Section 5311 Recipients
For questions regarding the Transit COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection, please contact FTASystemSafety@dot.gov.