Transit COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) has launched a new online application to collect information from FTA recipients and subrecipients on the impacts of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). FTA will use this data to inform FTA actions in support of the transit industry’s COVID-19 response and recovery efforts and implementation of the Federal mask requirement for public transportation.
All agencies that currently provide transit service and submit reports to the National Transit Database as urban reporters or tribal transit agencies will report directly to the new application. State recipients of Section 5311 grants will report to the new application on behalf of their applicable subrecipients.
To reduce the burden on reporters, the application will leverage FTA’s existing Transit Integrated Appian Development Platform, the platform that hosts the National Transit Database. This application will capture information on transit workforce counts; service impacts; and transit worker positives, fatalities, and recoveries.
Beginning April 1, 2021, applicable users will access the COVID-19 online application on the Transit Integrated Appian Platform using their existing login credentials. Users will submit two forms for their agency: a Baseline Form and a Recurring Form.
- COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection Fact Sheet for Section 5311 Recipients
- COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection Fact Sheet for Urban and Tribal Transit Providers
- Reporting Applicability Overview
- COVID-19 Response Program Info Collection Application for Urban & Tribal Transit
- COVID-19 Response Program Info Collection Application for Section 5311 Recipients
For questions regarding the Transit COVID-19 Response Program Information Collection, please contact FTASystemSafety@dot.gov.